Brighid's Kiss

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Post about posting prayers

some might have noticed that I stopped posting prayers for a while. The reason has been that my prayers got a little personally, and I'm not comfortable sharing them online.

I started posting them because I found a lack of pagan prayers online. Though it's not a common habit for pagans to pray, I still found it a little disappointing when I was searching for everyday pagan prayers.

Many other religions have scores of prayers online, and countless more in print. Why is it that pagans have so few?

Please comment on this post and share your thoughts on this, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pagan prayers are by nature hard to find. Through countless purgings the scriptures could also have been lost( debatable).

Im impressed by the plethora of knowledge that u've brought here though.

R.E. said...

Sometimes it seems that prayer, meditation and devotion are an anathema to Pagans. Could be that past negative experiences with mainstream religions keep many folk from building a Pagan spiritual practice that includes prayer. One nice site for Pagan prayers is Ceisiwr Serith's spot. He's the author of a Book of Pagan Prayer.

http://www.ceisiwrserith.com/

Blessings! I enjoy reading your thoughts.